August 16, 2011

Taleé

All she wanted was to be someone she can love, someone she can accept.

But when she looked at her life to see what it was, 
all she saw was what it’s not. 
She looked to see what she had achieved, but all that was in front of her 
was what she'd not.
And when she thought upon the place where He is, 
a shrewd voice told her, 
“That’s where you’re not.”

She looked in the mirror and feelings of disapproval and rejection 
slapped her gaze away from the very sight she once saw as 
radiant and complete.


Disquieting was this voice she did not know, 
but she listened anyway.
Don't forget these things: what would've... could've... 
what should have been...


Am I a man, 
she heard in a whisper more powerful than the screams,
that I would leave you to
check out other options, or want something 
bigger and better, 
something newer and greater? 
I see you, 
and I'm keeping you. 
I know your end from your beginning.
Do stay, My fair one; 
remain in My 
Love.


Someday, 
she said to herself, 
I will see clearly,
beyond the dust
of this familiar mirror,
and see myself for the first time 
again.


No comments:

Post a Comment